Online reputation management is the process of monitoring and controlling information about a person or company that shows up in search engine results. Often, when anyone Googles a person or company name, the results include news articles and social media posts.
This information can be positive, neutral, or negative in tone and is often unmoderated. There is no way to guarantee how a person or company will be represented online and you should take this into consideration when choosing your online reputation management service provider.
Online Reputation Management companies will use various means to promote positive information and suppress negative information about their clients.
Benefits of online reputation management services
Online reputation management service includes removing negative reviews, adding positive reviews, and helping businesses with customer service issues. The following are the benefits of online reputation management services:
- Easier for business owners to focus on what they do best
- More positive reviews will give consumers a better idea about the business’ services
- Positive reviews will turn into new customers for businesses with negative online reputations.
- Businesses will be able to learn from any customer service issues experienced and improve their services as needed.
How does online reputation management work?
Online reputation management is a service that helps businesses with their online presence. The three primary goals of online reputation management are to increase positive content, decrease negative content and resolve any customer service issues. Online reputation management services may even respond to negative reviews with their own response.
What does online reputation management involve?
Online reputation management services may include some or all of the following:
- Removing negative reviews from search results
- Adding positive reviews to websites and other marketing materials
- Purchasing online advertisements to get positive reviews
- Responding to complaints about their service on review websites and other discussion forums.
Bradley attended Boston University where he received a Bachelor’s degree in Economics and Political Science as well as a Master’s degree in Business Administration from Columbia University Graduate School of Business (currently attending). He loves to write about everything business related.